The Information contained on this website has been correlated by the professional practitioners at Body Consultancy to inform you of the services we provide and the conditions we treat.
This information is based on the latest scientific research and gives us the most accurate picture in regard to our scope of practice within the clinic. In no clinical case can we at Body Consultancy guarantee a successful outcome. The prognosis for any clinical presentation of a patient depends on too many variables to guarantee success.
We do not treat complaints where there is no scientific evidence that our treatment modalities taken individually or as a whole programme may be successful.
Please refer to the references below for further information:
- Licciardone JC, Brimhall AK, King LN. Osteopathic manipulative treatment for low back pain: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. 2005;6:43.
- Licciardone, J. C., Buchanan, S., Hensel, K. L., et al. Osteopathic manipulative treatment of back pain and related symptoms during pregnancy: a randomized controlled trial. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2009; Sep 19 (Epubahead of print). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19766977?itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum&ordinalpos=1
- Licciardone JC, Stoll ST, Fulda KG et al. Osteopathic manipulative treatment for chronic low back pain: a randomized controlled trial. Spine. 2003;28:1355-1362. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12838090?itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum&ordinalpos=11
- Bronfort, Gert et al. 2004. Efficacy of spinal manipulation and mobilization for low back pain and neck pain: a systematic review and best evidence synthesis. The Spine Journal , Volume 4 , Issue 3 , 335 – 356
- Anderson, R. E., & Seniscal, C. (2006). A comparison of selected osteopathic treatment and relaxation for tension-type headaches.Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 46, 1273–1280.
- Posadzki P, Ernst E. Spinal manipulations for tension type headaches: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials. Complement Ther Med. 2012;20(4):232-239.
- Department of Health. Musculoskeletal Services Framework for England and Wales. 12 July 2006
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Early Management of persistent non-specific low back pain. 2009 May.
- Bronfort G, Nilsson N, Haas M, Evans R, Goldsmith CH, Assendelft WJJ, Bouter LM. Non invasive physical treatments for chronic/recurrent headache (review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2004 issue 3.
- Papa L, Mandara A, Bottali M, Gulisano V, Orfei S. A randomized control trial on the effectiveness of osteopathic manipulative treatment in reducing pain and improving the quality of life in elderly patients affected by osteoporosis. Clin Cases Miner Bone Metab. 2012 Sep;9(3):179-83. Epub 2012 Dec 20