The Information contained on this website has been correlated by the professional practitioners at Body Consultancy to inform you of the services we provide and the conditions we treat.
This information is based on the latest scientific research and gives us the most accurate picture in regard to our scope of practice within the clinic. In no clinical case can we at Body Consultancy guarantee a successful outcome. The prognosis for any clinical presentation of a patient depends on too many variables to guarantee success.
We do not treat complaints where there is no scientific evidence that our treatment modalities taken individually or as a whole programme may be successful.
Lastly, please refer to the references below for further information:
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Early Management of persistent non-specific low back pain. 2009 May.
- Airaksinen O, Brox JI, Cedraschic C, Hildebrandt J Klaber-Moffett J, Kovacs F et al:, et al. : Chapter 4. European guidelines for the management of chronic nonspecific low back pain. Eur Spine J 2006, 15 Suppl 2: S169-S191
- Van Tulder M, Becker A, Bekkering T, et al. The COST B13 Working group on guidelines for the management of acute low back pain in primary care. Eur Guidelines for the management of acute non-specific low back pain in primary care. Eur Spine J 2006 Mar; 15 supp 2: S169-91.
- Department of Health. Musculoskeletal Services Framework for England and Wales. 12 July 2006
- Cassidy JD, Thiel HW, Kirkaldy-Willis WH. Side posture manipulation for lumbar intervertebral disc herniation. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1993 Feb; 16(2): 96-103.
- Quon JA, Cassidy JD, O’Connor SM, Kirkaldy-Willis WH. Lumbar intervertebral disc herniation. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1989 Jun; 12(3): 220-7
- Oliphant D. Safety of spinal manipulation in the treatment of lumbar disk herniations: a systematic review and risk assessment. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 2004 Mar-Apr; 27(3): 197-210
- Bronfort G, Nilsson N, Haas M, Evans R, Goldsmith CH, Assendelft
- WJJ, Bouter LM. Non invasive physical treatments for chronic/recurrent headache (review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2004 issue 3.
- Haldeman S, Carroll L, Cassidy D. Schubert J, Nygren A: The Bone and Joint Decade 2000-2010 Task Force on Neck Pain and Its Associated Disorders: executive summary. Spine 2008. 33: S5-S7.
- Spitzer WO, Skovron ML, Salmi LR, Cassidy JD, Duranceau J, Swissa S, Zeiss E. Scientific monograph of the Quebec Task Force on Whiplash Associated Disorders: redefining whiplash and its management. Spine 1995;20(8S): 1S-73S.
- Hurwitz EL, Caragee EJ, van der Weld G, et al Treatment of neck pain: non-invasive interventions: results of the Bone and Joint Decade 2000-2010. Task force on neck pain and its associated disorders. J. Manipulative Physiol 2009 Feb; 32(2 suppl): S141-175